More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
School Psychologist - Sunny Hill Health Centre/ BC Children's Hospital
Sunny Hill Health Center
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The School Psychologist contributes to departmental and organizational mandates and goals related to C&W’s role as an academic health center.
What you’ll do
- Provide developmental and psycho-educational diagnostic psychology assessment services for specified programs and or patient groups, in consultation with the Program Manager and Head of Psychology as required.
- Coordinate and deliver a full range of developmental and psycho-educational diagnostic assessments such as cognitive, educational, and social/emotional evaluations. Document assessments and outcomes and advise members of the treatment team of diagnostic outcomes.
- Function as a primary contact for the interprofessional diagnostic teams or individual serving our identified patient groups. Provide consultation and information to community partners, public, community and professional groups as requested by the Program Manager.
- Provide information and advice to colleagues, physicians and hospital personnel regarding the diagnostic assessment, outcomes, recommendations and patient care issues.
- Participate in in-service education for program, department and hospital staff.
- Supervise and provide evaluations for School Psychology learners and students.
What you bring
- Current registration by the College of Psychologists of British Columbia, or registration within one (1) year of employment.
- Training at the doctoral level in School psychology or Educational Psychology with related experience in specified program area, including one (1) year of recent related experience working with children, adolescents and their families.
- Recent related experience in child developmental/school and/or health care environment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Sunny Hill Health Centre (SHHC) bcchildrens.ca/our-services/sunny-hill-health-centre provides specialized development and rehabilitation to B.C. children, youth, and their families.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and SHHC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time (0.40 FTE – until July 17, 2023)
Wage: $46.27 to $57.86 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Other; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 125569
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC) provides specialized development and rehabilitation services to BC children, youth and their families.
BCCH and SHHC are part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA, BCCH and SHHC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 29, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.