More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Senior Admin Assistant / Executive Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant
Allow us to contribute in building your career at PHSA!
Come work as a Senior Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant with Provincial Health Services Authority!
We have opportunities in various areas:
- PHSA Corporate
- Human Resources
- Employee Records & Benefits
- Child Health BC
- BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
- BC Children's & Women’s Hospital
- BC Cancer Agency
- BC Centre for Disease Control
What you’ll do
- Provide administrative support that respects confidentiality and ensures that administrative matters are organized and dealt with in a professional manner.
- Prepare documents including presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, meeting minutes, and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compile information into structured reports.
- Provide calendar management for the Senior Leader and others as required by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts.
- Coordinate meetings ensuring well-defined and timely agendas, identification of and notification to interested parties, compilation of background information and supporting materials, and preparation of packages/summary documents to assist in decision-making and meeting facilitation. Makes catering, travel and accommodation arrangements. Attend meetings and in-services as required.
- Design and maintain filing and distribution systems for a variety of records and files including confidential information, such as personnel files, payroll files, financial information and other sensitive documents relating to the management of the Department using methods that can be easily accessible to assigned staff.
- Assist with human resources and financial actions for the department by completing and submitting relevant documentation/records and following up on issues with appropriate department(s) as required.
Success in this role combines providing support and assistance to fellow team members, Directors and Executives, and help ensure smooth day-to-day operation.
Success also combines utilizing administrative expertise, coordinating multiple schedules and competing priorities, then following up to ensure each component is running smoothly.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from a recognized post-secondary administrative assistant/secretarial program, additional course work in advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and four (4) years’ progressive experience supporting senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 w.p.m.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
Job type Casual Full-Time
Location Vancouver, BC
Hours of work 08:30-16:30 or 08:00 – 16:00 Monday - Friday
Reference number TOD20220702
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
This position is part of PHSA Talent on Demand – an in-house recruitment service providing talent to PHSA and other healthcare authorities. We manage a robust talent pool of service-minded professionals who are available to start work immediately. Talent on Demand creates a gateway for those who wish to achieve their career goals. Successful candidates will gain significant healthcare experience and can transition into long-term, permanent roles within PHSA. For more information: email@example.com