Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence - BC Centre for Disease Control
Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
BC Centre for Disease Control
What you’ll do
- Lead the analysis, design, and documentation of multi-dimensional data cubes, ETLs, BI reports, and interfaces to support the surveillance, health monitoring, evaluation, and research functions of the BCCDC, collaborating with PHSA Performance Measurement and Reporting and other project team members as needed. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the Public Health Reporting Data Warehouse; defining appropriate cube dimensions, measures, and attributes; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the BI developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures. May occasionally take direction from a Project Manager on large projects.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data and reports available within the BI environment through meticulous testing, automated and manual data reviews, performance monitoring, contingency planning, consistency reviews, and other methods as appropriate.
- Support the BI end-users through training sessions, user guides, one-on-one consultations, advice, workshops, troubleshooting, downtime procedures, and issue resolution.
- Evaluate the BI tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and reports the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintain all documentation and related information resources in shared knowledge repositories, applying metadata and other organizational techniques to ensure information is searchable and easy to locate for members of the project team and end-users.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, or experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in a similar role in information management or business analysis which includes at least three (3) years in data warehousing and business intelligence. Related experience in a public health or scientific field preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to gather operational requirements and recommend innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and organize documentation at a variety of levels including business requirements, technical documents, and user documents.
- Advanced knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data models and ETL tools.
- Ability to understand complex statistical concepts and translate them to technical requirements.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-time
Salary Range:$86,398 - $124,197. The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate’s relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
Location: 655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday; 08:00-16:00/08:30-16:30
Requisition # 139106E
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
BCCDC is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCDC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments’ unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey—one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of January 18, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.