More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence - BC Centre for Disease Control
Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
Information Management & Surveillance, BC Centre for Disease Control
What you will do:
- Leads the analysis, design, and documentation of multi-dimensional data cubes, ETLs, BI reports, and interfaces to support the surveillance, health monitoring, evaluation, and research functions of the BCCDC, collaborating with PHSA Performance Measurement and Reporting and other project team members as needed. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the Public Health Reporting Data Warehouse; defining appropriate cube dimensions, measures, and attributes; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the BI developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures. May occasionally take direction from a Project Manager on large projects.
- Ensures the quality, accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data and reports available within the BI environment through meticulous testing, automated and manual data reviews, performance monitoring, contingency planning, consistency reviews, and other methods as appropriate.
- Supports the BI end-users through training sessions, user guides, one-on-one consultations, advice, workshops, troubleshooting, downtime procedures, and issue resolution.
- Evaluates the BI tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and reports the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintains all documentation and related information resources in shared knowledge repositories, applying metadata and other organizational techniques to ensure information is searchable and easy to locate for members of the project team and end-users.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you have:
- A level of education, training, or experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in a similar role in information management or business analysis which includes at least three (3) years in data warehousing and business intelligence.
- Related experience in a public health or scientific field preferred.
You will have:
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to gather operational requirements and recommend innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and organize documentation at a variety of levels including business requirements, technical documents, and user documents.
- Advanced knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data models and ETL tools.
- Ability to understand complex statistical concepts and translate them to technical requirements.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 830-1630
Requisition Number: 108038
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of May 12, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.