More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"I see every day the great work that our staff do. …seeing how staff show up every day to make sure that our systems are available, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your contributions, thank you for your commitment to the organization, to making sure that those providers have the information they need, that the systems are highly available. What you do is very, very important every day."Ron Quirk Executive Vice President, Digital Information Services & Innovation
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Senior Business Analyst, Business Intelligence
Reporting to the Manager, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Analysts, Business Intelligence, is responsible for the providing leadership and supporting in planning, design, development and management of new and existing data warehouse and analytics solutions related to various PHSA programs and services. Applying a broad range of information technology experience, Data Warehousing (DW), Business Intelligence (BI), advanced visualization techniques, and clinical and operational knowledge, Senior Business Analysts, Business Intelligence will lead the planning, analysis, design, and documentation of business requirements for data cubes, data marts, ad-hoc queries, reports, and interfaces. The position supports data analysts, biostatisticians and epidemiologists, and directors with development of visualizations and data interpretation, and ensures the integrity and quality of the data available through the BI solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the analysis, design, and documentation of multi-dimensional data cubes, ETLs, BI reports, and interfaces to support the surveillance, health monitoring, evaluation, and research functions of the DARE, collaborating with other analytical groups at PHSA programs and other project team members as needed. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the PHSA data platform; defining appropriate cube dimensions, measures, and attributes; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the BI developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures. May occasionally take direction from a Project Manager on large projects.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data and reports available within the BI environment through meticulous testing, automated and manual data reviews, performance monitoring, contingency planning, consistency reviews, and other methods as appropriate.
- Support the BI end-users through training sessions, user guides, one-on-one consultations, advice, workshops, troubleshooting, downtime procedures, and issue resolution.
- Evaluate the BI tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and reports the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
- Maintain all documentation and related information resources in shared knowledge repositories, applying metadata and other organizational techniques to ensure information is searchable and easy to locate for members of the project team and end-users.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you bring:
- A Master’s degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in a similar role in information management or business analysis which includes at least three (3) years in data warehousing and business intelligence. Related experience in a public health or scientific field preferred.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to gather operational requirements and recommend innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and organize documentation at a variety of levels including business requirements, technical documents, and user documents.
- Advanced knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data models and ETL tools. Ability to understand complex statistical concepts and translate them to technical requirements.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology.
- Ability to test solutions to ensure the highest quality.
- Knowledge and adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies and measures to protect data.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while working independently to organize workload, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use query- and report-writing tools is an asset.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Reference number: SrBA/BI-2344218
Number of positions: 3
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.