More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"I see every day the great work that our staff do. …seeing how staff show up every day to make sure that our systems are available, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your contributions, thank you for your commitment to the organization, to making sure that those providers have the information they need, that the systems are highly available. What you do is very, very important every day."Ron Quirk Executive Vice President, Digital Information Services & Innovation
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Senior Business Analyst, Clinical Informatics Business Intelligence
The Senior Business Analyst is an integral part of the team responsible for providing leadership and analytical support for the monitoring and reporting on operational planning and performance of the PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative. Additionally the role provides support for data warehouse and business intelligence tools. This role is responsible for providing leadership in business process reengineering concepts and methods and leads the analysis and documentation of business requirements on various aspects of the PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative and related projects.
The Senior Business Analyst will lead the planning, analysis, design, and documentation of business requirements for data standardization, ad-hoc queries, reports, and interfaces. The position will have a deep understanding of PHSA and Health Authorities workflows and programs and will support the project and analytics leaders in the conceptual design, development and validation of data products and infrastructure related to business/operational planning. In addition, this role will require broad systems understanding of provincial priorities around data requirements to facilitate and support PHSA mandate and health services planning in this province.
What you’ll do:
- Lead PHSA Enterprise Data Platform initiative in planning and performance monitoring through the development of reports, and data analysis from various data sources. Provide specialized knowledge, analytical, and technical expertise in information management processes utilizing a deep understanding of data standards in relation to establishing quality reports.
- Lead the formal data collection and analysis to help identify system deficiencies and/or operational inefficiencies in order to report and develop new ways of improving business efficiencies including the data analysis related to business case developments, project proposals, and other key strategic and transformative initiatives.
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data and reports available within our current and new data platform through meticulous testing, automated and manual data reviews, performance monitoring, contingency planning, consistency reviews, and other methods as appropriate.
- Lead in the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, development, testing, training, implementation and maintenance phases of assigned projects. Carry out post-implementation reviews and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide strategic planning support and change management services by leading and performing feasibility studies, workload efficiency analyses, using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing, designing and implementing appropriate information systems. This includes identifying system deficiencies, user department operational inefficiencies and ways of improving business efficiency functions.
- Provide a leadership role in both provincial and national forums responsible for the ongoing management of the data platform. Lead provincial communities of practice responsible for ongoing operational and change management of the provincial data systems including data quality, consistent use and adherence to practice standards.
- Lead the analysis, design, and documentation of reports, and interfaces to support clinical operations, and management and evaluation reporting. Collaborate with other project team members as needed including PHSA IMITS initiatives and jurisdictional sponsored projects. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the current and future state, defining appropriate change management strategies and monitoring and supporting best practice in documentation standards.
- Lead the analysis, requirements specifications, and documentation of various analytical solutions, collaborating with PHSA DARE and other project team members as needed. This includes gathering requirements from stakeholders; negotiating changes in the context of the vision of the analytical solutions; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the data platform developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures. May occasionally take direction from a Project Director on large projects.
- Support the platform users through training sessions, user guides, one-on-one consultations, advice, workshops, troubleshooting, downtime procedures, and issue resolution. Evaluate the business intelligence and advanced analytics tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and report the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
What you bring:
- A Master’s in Health Information Management, Business Administration or related discipline and five (5) years of experience in health information management, health services planning, or data analytics and use of reporting tools.
- This role requires a superior degree of critical-thinking and analytical skills with the ability to integrate broad system thinking/perspective with data to develop quality reports, operational support plans and monitor on-going performances.
- This role also requires superior written skills with a high degree of producing concise, structured and very well written documents and reports.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets, word-processing, PowerPoint and other software at advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge and adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies and measures to protect data.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, while working independently to organize workload, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use query- and report-writing tools is an asset.
What’s in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Reference number: SrBACIBI-2344231
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.