More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Senior Business Analyst, Informatics/Business Intelligence - BC Transplant
Senior Business Analyst, Informatics/Business Intelligence
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Analysts, Business Intelligence, is responsible for the providing leadership and supporting in planning, design, development and management of new and existing data warehouse and analytics solutions related to various PHSA programs and services. Applying a broad range of information technology experience, Data Warehousing (DW), Business Intelligence (BI), advanced visualization techniques, and clinical and operational knowledge, Senior Business Analysts, Business Intelligence will lead the planning, analysis, design, and documentation of business requirements for data cubes, data marts, ad-hoc queries, reports, and interfaces. The position supports data analysts, biostatisticians and epidemiologists, and directors with development of visualizations and data interpretation, and ensures the integrity and quality of the data available through the BI solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead program services planning and performance monitoring through the development of reports, direct data extraction and analysis. Provide specialized knowledge, analytical, and senior technical expertise in information management processes utilizing a deep understanding of data standards in relation to establishing quality reports.
- Lead in the analysis, acceptance criteria definition, development, testing, training, implementation and maintenance phases of assigned projects. Ensure and carry out post-implementation reviews and makes recommendations for improvements. Evaluate the BI tools and their use through customer satisfaction surveys, performance measurement, auditing, usage logs, and other methods, and report the findings to management and other stakeholders as required.
- Lead the analysis, requirements specifications, design and documentation of reports and various business intelligence solutions in collaboration with PHSA leaders and other project team members as needed. Gather requirements from internal and external stakeholders and negotiates changes within the context of the visions for both current and future state as well as the vision for reporting solutions.
- Translate user requirements to technical requirements for implementation; designs reports and researches solutions. Define and implement change management strategies. Monitor and support best practice in documentation standards.
- Support BC Transplant executives and senior program leaders with operational reporting requirements through the analysis of data with a deep understanding of performance metrics and benchmarking. Interfaces to support clinical operations, and management and evaluation reporting.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and supervision of staff using effective leadership techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skills and leadership development and performance management, including performance reviews.) Participate in staffing decisions related to recruitment, retention, discipline, and termination. Coordinate the activities of staff and resources to ensure effective utilization, adherence to standards of quality, and effective and timely services delivery. Provide training and orientation to team members.
What you bring:
- A Master’s degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Five (5) years of experience in health information management, health services planning, or data analytics and use of reporting tools.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to gather operational requirements and recommend innovative solutions.
You will have:
- A superior degree of critical-thinking and analytical skills with the ability to integrate broad system thinking/perspective with data to develop quality reports, operational support plans and monitor on-going performances.
- Superior written skills with a high degree of producing concise, structured and very well written documents and reports.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express complex ideas in simple terminology appropriate for the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to use Analytics tools, spreadsheets, word-processing, presentation tools and other software at an advanced level.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular. Full-Time
Location: 555 W 12th Ave #350, Vancouver, BC V5Z 3X7
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530
Requisition Number # 118767
What we do
BC Transplant (BCT) provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC.
BCT is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCT are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of November 6, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.