More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Senior Executive Director, Finance
You’re a strategic and innovative senior financial leader who is respected for your ability to move work forward. You enjoy coaching and mentoring staff, and are most comfortable in a work culture that emphasizes teamwork, professionalism, and continual learning. Known as a trusted advisor and business partner, you engage easily with executive and board leaders, external stakeholders, and other senior leaders across your organization. If you are ready to use your knowledge and skills to effect change within our provincial health care system, apply for this new position with the Provincial Health Service Authority (PHSA) today!
What you’ll do
As a key member of the leadership team, the Senior Executive Director, Finance reports to the Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer. Working to advance the organization’s vision and goals, you will lead the development, planning and coordination of the health authority’s overall financial operating and capital budgets. The role leads a team of 80+ staff in support of the strategic and operational needs of the organization, as well as informing the development of strategies to ensure strong financial management. Regular duties include:
- Coach, guide and model key behaviours and dialogue to create a respectful and motivating team environment that supports individual and group performance, and builds an organizational culture of innovation and inclusion.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of operating and capital budgets across complex and diverse programs, working in collaboration with senior leaders to develop business acumen to drive improvement and change.
- Develop and implement strategic financial reporting for the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, in support of increased transparency and accountability.
- Build and maintain stakeholder partnerships to ensure financial strategies are in place to deliver programs and services, including the development of complex funding models and meeting government reporting requirements.
- Provide financial leadership for projects and programs such as the Clinical System Transformation Project, strategic reviews of PHSA programs, and recommendations to address organizational effectiveness and financial sustainability.
What you bring
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 10+ years’ senior leadership experience including:
- Leading within a complex stakeholder environment
- Complex reporting, forecasting, financial planning business case development and analysis
- Team management including hiring, training and coaching a team, while promoting a healthy work environment that encourages innovation, laughter and empowerment
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability building positive relationships with senior stakeholders and translating financial accountability into required action are vital in this role. You’ll be able to solve complex issues by anticipating actions and decisions that will be required.
- Considerable experience promoting a customer or business partner focus with ability to facilitate and encourage cooperation between diverse operational groups and skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to safely facilitate, negotiate, and persuade others while influencing change and decision making.
- Provincial government or health care experience is an asset for this role; a sincere interest and passion for health care and public service is a must.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway, Vancouver
Closing date: Applicants will be reviewed as they are received with interviews are expected to begin after July 2nd, 2021. This position will be posted until filled.
Requisition Number: SEDF0621
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.