More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Senior Practice Leader, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) - Clinical Prevention Services, BC Centre for Disease Control
Senior Practice Leader, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
Clinical Prevention Services, BC Centre for Disease Control
The Clinical Prevention Services (CPS) at the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is seeking a Senior Practice Leader for our Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Program. Our STI Clinic provides counselling, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV in addition to providing hepatitis B vaccine as well as some other vaccines.
What you’ll do
- Act as a resource and consultant for local, provincial and national planning in the area of the designated specialized clinic area of STI/HIV/Hepatitis at the program, organizational, provincial, national and international levels.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of provincial guidelines and standards of practices for the delivery of communicable diseases control programs in collaboration with the CPS Leadership, other members of the team and stakeholders.
- Promote evidenced-based practice and shares knowledge about current research and literature including innovation in practice as it relates to STI/TB/HIV/Hepatitis/Harm Reduction. Establish opportunities to support staff in implementing evidence based practice. Conducts applied research. Promote and advance best practice through publications, presentations, and conferences.
- Provide leadership and expert clinical consultation to public health practitioners. Lead and support knowledge translation and communication of best practices and successful programming for the designated specialized clinic area.
- Lead and supports development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of nursing certification and Decisions Support tools for STIs in partnership and under guidance of the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- Provide leadership for the provincial implementation and evaluation of new and expanded the designated specialized programs and innovative practices in these areas.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Nursing, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent, related clinical experience in STI, HIV, Hepatitis and public health nursing in progressively senior leadership positions or advanced practice roles including experience in drafting guidelines and standards of practice.
- STI Certified Practice preferred.
- Eligible for registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
You will have:
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work independently and as an effective member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Demonstrated leadership through teaching, dissemination of research and mentoring.
- Strong problem solving skills within a complex challenging environment and across the health care system.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
655 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition Number: 106045
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 2, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.