More than just a job.
Work with the innovative cancer care teams responsible for the highest patient survival rate in Canada. BC Cancer is internationally renowned for excellence in clinical care and research, and our nurses are highly valued members of our teams. Join us and apply your patient-care expertise while delivering leading-edge, evidence-based treatments in a positive, rewarding work environment. While you support our patients during a crucial time, we’ll support you by providing modern cancer care facilities, leading edge technology, continuing education, professional development, and certification programs.
- Specialty Nursing
- Day Job
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take to be a successful oncology nurse at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
- BC Cancer is committed to providing a comprehensive, provincially-planned, and regionally-delivered cancer control system for the residents of British Columbia.
- Its mandate covers the full spectrum of cancer care from prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment, to research and education, to supportive and palliative care.
"I love the patients. I love their stories, I love that they're motivated to be well. I've never worked with a patient group that's been so motivated to be well."~ Mary Beth, RN, BC Cancer Prince George
"Everybody comes from different backgrounds, whether it's their own life background or nursing background, so there's a massive pool of resources to draw from. It's comforting and comfortable to know you have this great group of people to work with, and to support."~ Roger, RN, BC Cancer Prince George
"I just love my job. It’s so rewarding, it’s so motivating, it’s so humbling, it’s so wonderful. The patients are what make the job. We get to know them so well, and just to give them a little bit of hope and encouragement and lots of TLC along the way. That’s what I love."~ Janice, RN, BC Cancer Vancouver
"I love the schedule. I used to work inpatient, and it was difficult. It really does change your relationship with the people you're close to. And now I have a position where I get to work 8:00 to 4:00, Monday to Friday. It's a normal job. I get weekends off. I get holidays off. It makes work/life balance that much easier, which I really enjoy."~ Liz, RN, BC Cancer Abbotsford
Benefits and Perks
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Locations throughout BC
Help clients and their families address sexual concerns related to prostate cancer, in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team.
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Three (3) years' recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Clinical experience with prostate cancer oncology populations
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology
- Presentation skills
You have comprehensive knowledge of:
- Nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care
- Theories and systems of family dynamics
- The BCCNP standards of practice and code of ethics
- Other health care disciplines and their role in client care
You have demonstrated abilities to:
- Coordinate clinical programming
- Teach, coach and facilitate team members
- Lead and role model best practice
- Work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Communicate with, and work effectively with co-workers, other health care staff, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups, including in conflict situations
- Adjust to new or unexpected events
- Plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others
- Use medical equipment and supplies
- Perform CPR
- Operate a computerized patient care information system.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Reference # 81761
Temporary Full Time (To September 2020)
Wage $41.42– $50.77 Hourly
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
2410 Lee Ave, Victoria, BC
BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.