More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Social Worker (Masters), FIR Program - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Social Worker (Masters) FIR Program
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
BC Women's Hospital's Fir Program is a combined Care Unit that provides care to women using substances and infants exposed to these substances. The multidisciplinary team provides care and support to women throughout their pregnancy and afterward. This program provides support for the transition back to your community after giving birth.
We are seeking a Social Worker to join our team.
What you’ll do
- Conduct comprehensive psycho-social and family assessments by methods such as interviewing the patient and family, obtaining relevant information, gathering social data regarding the patient and family and formulation of assessment and plan of intervention, in accordance with professional practice standards and clinical policies.
- Support patient and their family by understanding the nature and treatment of the presenting issues by providing education, short-term counseling and crisis intervention to families and other relevant caregivers.
- Provide comprehensive clinical counseling with women, children and their families by focusing on their social, emotional and cultural needs, including adjustment to diagnosis and treatment decisions, loss of functioning and dealing with emotional and family crises in the context of evidence based care.
- Support women and their families by organizing and facilitating pscho-educational, counseling and bereavement groups for partners and their families.
- Facilitate in complex discharge planning with the team, patient, family and community agencies by coordinating regular meetings to ensure psycho-social follow-up.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative and constructive liaison relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, including patients and families, community providers, MCFD social workers, schools, hospitals and other agencies, in order to coordinate services across the continuum of health care.
What you bring
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Minimum one (1) year recent related experience with patient and their family with a health condition relevant to the service/program area within BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre including clinical skills in crisis intervention, assessment, short-term counseling, individual, group and family counseling; must have experience in mental health, child protection, women’s issues, intimate partner violence, harm reduction model and grief and loss in a health care or hospital setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $35.64 to $44.56 per hour
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 105877
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of April 3, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.