More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Specialist, Business Intelligence, Strategic Information Management, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services – Vancouver, BC
Specialist, Business Intelligence, Strategic Information Management
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Architect and implement analytics solutions to develop, enhance and improve analytics and use of data at various BCMHSUS programs and external stakeholders. This includes leading the design, development, documentation and implementation of complex data marts, multidimensional cubes or other semantic models, reports, dashboards and other front-end interfaces.
- Architect and implement optimal database schemas and ETL solutions to integrate data from various source systems into integrated linked data marts. Collaborates with other members of the team on conceptual design, development, and implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Lead the identification of new data sources and implements data extraction routines from departmental feeder systems. Provides advice and direction on data availability and quality. Consults and problem-solves with feeder departments regarding routine data extracts.
- Participate in the development, definition and reporting of performance indicators as related to program operations, access and throughput, for use at the program director and executive level. Liaises on behalf of the agency with external consultants on the provisioning of patient specific data, as well as providing education on analysis and interpretation.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions by assessing client needs and requirements, reviewing technical options, determining the design and architecture and leading all levels of the solution development and deployment.
- Ensure the designed solutions meet the established architectural, security, and quality standards set by the department by actively engaging peers and leads in design and review processes. Maintains current metadata, definitions and documentation of the solutions.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Information Science, Management Information Systems or a related field, plus 3 to 5 years of recent BI, data warehousing, data modelling or analytics experience. Strong understanding of health care system operations and public and population health concepts is definite asset.
- Advanced knowledge, and experience in application of best practices of data standards, database design, data architecture and modelling.
- Expertise in developing ETL solutions, relational and multi-dimensional databases and data marts.
- Superior database querying, and query optimization skills using Structured Query Language -preferably T-SQL, MDX or DAX or equivalents
- Knowledge of experience with BI and visualizations tools such as Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau, and collaboration solutions such as SharePoint.
- Proven hands-on experience with standard data warehousing and Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft SQL Server, Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and related development tools and version control tools, or comparable technologies from other vendors.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular, Full- Time (1.00 FTE)
Location: 4949 Heather Street, Vancouver BC V5Z 3L7
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday; 0800-1600.
Requisition # 126161
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.