Specialist, Learning and Development, Workforce Management SolutionsApply Now Apply Later
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose.
Specialist, Learning and Development, Workforce Management Solutions
The Specialist, Learning and Development is accountable for providing leadership in the coordination, implementation and creation of training strategies and programming and process improvement related to scheduling and timekeeping in support the strategic and operational goals of Workforce Management Solutions (WMS) across the organization. Drafts a needs assessment and an instructional design process for WMS; creates, evaluates and revises educational programming and training resources; and delivers in-person and online training sessions to support new hire onboarding as well as recurrent training and development needs. Provides consultation in workforce management software, workflows and procedures/process, and documentation; scheduling and timekeeping transactional and reporting activities. Leads and coordinates related WMS projects/initiatives, investigates and analyzes issues, and develops and proposes new methods/guidelines/policies based on professional expertise. The Specialist provides advice and guidance to operational staff, team members, WMS leadership; establishes and cultivates effective relationships and collaborates with various Corporate teams, client groups/teams and other key stakeholders to ensure processes, procedures and systems are working efficiently, and to contribute and advocate for improvement of scheduling and timekeeping activities.
- Coordinates, drafts, and carries out learning and development strategies and programming related to workforce management software, workflows and documentation, and process improvement in collaboration with WMS staff and/or project stakeholders. Ensures effective coordination between initiatives and organizational system and optimal use of operational, centralized and internal team staffing as well as project resources. Participates in broad project planning activities by identifying trends and opportunities, consulting with WMS team members, clients and other stakeholders, analyzing outcome data and providing input and/or recommendations to contribute to success of the project and ensure effective planning and change management.
- Functions as learning and development resource providing advice, input and recommendations related to training/education implications and user processes to ensure that application/system needs are addressed and takes a leadership role in tasks groups to ensure that technology and workflow improvement strategies are incorporated. Provides guidance, advice and training for WMS team members, adherence to standards of quality and effective and timely services delivery. Evaluates the effectiveness of learning and development activities by analyzing outcomes and using applicable evaluation tools to determine opportunities for quality improvement.
- Drafts and coordinates a needs assessment and an instructional design process to inform training and development requirements that includes appropriate methodology and evaluations. Develops a ‘university’ curriculum approach for employee training and development. Works closely with management to ensure that processes and procedures are developed, implemented, communicated and consistently administered in compliance with organizational objectives/policies and with any relevant laws or regulations.
- Implements improvements in scheduling and timekeeping transactional and reporting activities which would require collaboration, direct instruction, coaching, and consultation in order to integrate new/revised system tools and processes into the learner’s current role. Contributes to business process improvement activities by working closely with Department Managers, staff and functional experts; reviewing processes, tools, services, policies and systems; and making recommendations for improvements based on professional expertise.
- Assesses group learning needs, determining resources and learning environment required. Develops, reviews, and modifies learning resources such as manuals and on-line training and reference documentation to ensure consistent usage. Facilitates the scheduling of training/educational sessions by collaborating with Managers, project team, and other stakeholder resources as applicable, to determine times, frequency and duration to ensure effective use of resources. Delivers in person and on-line training sessions including train-the-trainer as needed.
- Provides support to Department Managers when issues arise related to transactional scheduling and timekeeping functions by analyzing issues, providing advice, and recommending potential opportunities for training. Resolves and responds to training issues and questions from leaders and employees on the application and interpretation of WMS processes and procedures, acting as the point of escalation for clients providing support and guidance in unclear situations.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Adult Education plus five (5) years’ of recent related experience in training or employee relations.
Proven working experience with human resource and payroll processes, collective agreement and legislative requirements. Broad knowledge and experience with scheduling and timekeeping systems and processes for complex business operations. Experience in analyzing processes and business requirements for the purpose of leading change implementations and the development and facilitation of training for all ability levels on system functionality. Practical knowledge and experience in both technical and non-technical training. Proven experience in the design and delivery of training for multiple environments, including classroom-based and web-based learning formats.
Demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to lead and manage change. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment, utilizing critical thinking capabilities. Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with an ability to consult and communicate complex concepts and technology in simple terminology to a variety of audiences and skill sets. Customer focused with an ability to facilitate, encourage, and persuade cooperation between diverse operational stakeholders. Proficiency with computers and an ability to effectively use database, spreadsheet, human resources information systems, word processing and other software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Demonstrated ability to achieve results while working with frequent interruptions and multiple concurrent projects.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.