Specialty Training Program, Registered Nurse, Labour & Delivery (Birthing) Unit - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Specialty Training Program, Registered Nurse, Labour & Delivery (Birthing) Unit
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
We are hiring for our April 2024 Birthing Specialty Training today!
Please note if you are a New Grad please apply to our New Grad posting at: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/british-columbia/registered-nurse-rn-registered-psychiatric-nurse-rpn-new-grad-opportunities/909/49046548336
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
New graduates with the prerequisites are welcome and encouraged to apply!
The Teck Acute Care Centre is the heart of BC Children's Hospital and BC Women's Hospital's commitment to providing the best care to the children, women and families of BC. Newborns, children and expectant mothers from all around the province will be cared for in this state-of-the-art facility that focuses on providing an innovative healing environment for the entire family.
What we offer
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Enrollment and support through BCIT's Perinatal Theory 2 course
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
- Ongoing education and support to enhance your nursing practice
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Completion of BCIT’s Perinatal Theory 1 course OR recent (2) years of related experience in perinatal nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
***Short listed applicants will be contacted directly and invited for an interview***
Have questions and/or for more details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility, etc please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: email@example.com
What we bring
BC Women’s Hospital is part of PHSA. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Jobs for You
- Registration/Booking Clerk, Admin Supervisor - BC Children’s Hospital & SunnyHill Health Centre Oct. 30, 2023
- Communications Officer, Media Relations and Issues Management Nov. 30, 2023
- Technical Coordinator, Histocompatibility/Immunology, Vancouver General Hospital - Provincial Laboratory Medicine Services Nov. 30, 2023
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs