More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Specialty Training Program, Registered Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Specialty Training Program, Registered Nurse, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
We are hiring for our September 2023 NICU Specialty Training today!
Please note if you are a New Grad please apply to our New Grad posting at: https://jobs.phsa.ca/job/british-columbia/registered-nurse-rn-registered-psychiatric-nurse-rpn-new-grad-opportunities/909/49046548336
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you passionate about taking on a challenging—and deeply rewarding—nursing career working with the tiniest, most vulnerable patients?
Join our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and become part of a sophisticated team delivering the highest level of life-saving care in the province!
BC Women’s Neonatal Program provides advanced neonatal care within a model of integrated patient and family centered care. Our nurses are trained, assigned and provide optimal care in all areas:
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): BC Women’s largest NICU is the only quaternary referral center for the province and is the largest tertiary NICU in the province, providing specialized neonatal intensive care for the most critically ill and newborns with complex medical needs in BC and Yukon.
- Mother Baby Care (MBC): A unique pod within the NICU and it is the first of its kind in all of Canada for mothers who give birth at BC Women's Hospital and newborns who require intensive observation/care. Mothers in MBC receive postpartum care in the same room as the newborns receive care by neonatal specialists.
Our comprehensive speciality training program consists of:
- Employer-paid BCIT courses
- On site clinical shifts
- Preceptor shifts
- Ongoing education and support
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Current CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- Neonatal Theory 1 from BCIT or 1+ year of experience in a neonatal intensive care unit caring for Level III tertiary care patients in the last two years OR Completion of BCIT Neonatal Nursing Course diploma (or equivalent program)
***Short listed applicants will be contacted directly and invited for an interview***
Have questions? Please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we bring
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) is part of PHSA. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.