Specialty Training Registered Nurse – Birthing/Acute PerinatalApply Now Apply Later
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women’s health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women’s is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre BCW’s mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate• Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
The new Teck Acute Care Centre is now Open!
The newly opened Teck Acute Care Centre is the heart of BC Children's Hospital and BC Women's Hospital's commitment to providing the best care to the children, women and families of BC. Newborns, children and expectant mothers from all around the province will be cared for in this state-of-the-art facility that focuses on providing an innovative healing environment for the entire family.
At BC Women’s Hospital’s, Birthing Unit, you will participate in:
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Be enrolled and be supported through BCIT Perinatal Theory 2 course
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
- Ongoing education and support to enhance your nursing practice
Specialty Training RN – Birthing Unit
September 2018 Intake
New Graduate Nurses are welcome!
Come join and be part of the Birthing Unit team as it transforms and supports the future of women's and newborn's care.
- Graduate from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Recent (2) years of related experience in perinatal nursing OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of BCIT’s Perinatal Theory 1 course or equivalent is preferred
- Current CPR and/or Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
**Shortlisted applicants will be contacted in early May 2018 for interview.
If you are ready to explore a nursing career and a future where all women, babies and families receive the best possible care, we invite you to apply by visiting our website and clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
For more information on nursing opportunities, contact Veronica Wong, Talent Acquisition Advisor at email@example.com /604-875-7291 or the Nursing Recruitment Team by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org / 1-866-744-7363.
For more information on all PHSA nursing opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
For more information about BC Women's Hospital & Women's Health Centre, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.