More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
New Grad RN Speciality Training – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit January 2020 Intake
Speciality Training RN – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
January 2020 Intake
New Graduate Nurses are Welcome!
Are you passionate about taking on a challenging—and deeply rewarding—nursing career working with the tiniest, most vulnerable patients? Join our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and become part of a sophisticated team delivering the highest level of life-saving care.
Our comprehensive 2 year speciality training program includes:
- BCIT Neonatal Theory 2 course on campus
- On site clinical shifts
- Preceptor shifts
- Ongoing education and support
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals
- Current adult CPR and/or Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- Neonatal Theory 1 or Perinatal Theory 1 from BCIT
Have questions? Pease contact Kristen Neeser, Talent Acquisition Advisor: email@example.com.
What’s in it for you
BC Women’s Hospital is part of PHSA. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BC Women’s Hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the state-of-the art Teck Acute Care Centre. The centre is the first in North America to enable care so mothers and their babies can receive treatment in the same room, from the same nurse.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.