More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Speech Language Pathologist II - BC Cancer Vancouver
Speech Language Pathologist II
You are a collaborative and patient focused person with strong communication and technical skills. . Have an impact on your patient’s and BC’s cancer care by joining BC Cancer Vancouver’s Speech Language Pathology team.
What you’ll do
- Perform screening, assessment and diagnosis for cancer patients with speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders such as dysphagia, including performance of VFSS.
- Work closely with the BC Cancer Agency’s Registered Dietitians and other relevant team members to determine whether and what treatments are appropriate.
- Provide recommendations based on clinical findings and diagnoses and communicates these findings through informal and formal interdisciplinary meeting structures, patient rounds and written documentation.
- Provide appropriate speech language/swallowing services including: treatment, education and counseling of clients/family on swallowing, speech and language enhancement techniques.
- Maintain detailed records and charting of the patient’s assessment, treatment plan, interventions, progress, discharge and related matters according to professional and facility standards.
What you bring
- Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology from a University program recognized by Speech-Language & Audiology Canada.
- Eligible for certification with the Speech-Language & Audiology Canada.
- Registered with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC).
- Certificate of advanced competency in Advanced Certificate I: Videofluoroscopic Assessment of Swallowing Disorders in Adults (CSHHPBC).
- Eligible for certification in Voice Restoration (Voice Prosthesis) or has the prerequisites for assessing and managing voice disorders and restoration using tracheoesophageal puncture (TEP) techniques and prostheses.
- Recent, related work experience with head and neck cancer patients. Recent and related work experience in a hospital, rehabilitation or outpatient setting.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time (Until March 27, 2021)
Wage: $36.99 to $46.27 per hour
Location: 600 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z 4E6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition # 114400
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is a part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 24, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.