More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Staff Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist - BC Children's Hospital
Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist
BC Children’s Hospital
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
BC Children’s Hospital is seeking a Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist to join our team!
As the Diagnostic Neurophysiology Technologist, you will perform pediatric EEGs (Electroencephalography) ranging from routine EEG to advanced continuous monitoring in a tertiary care environment and Epilepsy monitoring unit. Our team works closely with our pediatric teams in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuropsychology and Orthopedics and provides both inpatient and outpatient services from all areas of BC.
What you'll do
- Work with a wide range of paediatric patients and their families, ranging from preterm neonates to young adults with a wide variety of abilities, in a rewarding and challenging environment.
- Be motivated to further develop skills in a supportive environment, including working toward additional registrations.
- Be collaborative in clinical research and academic excellence.
- Our team thrives on enthusiasm, team work and a desire to continually advance our skills!
Testimonial from our team:
“I have been here for more than 20 years, and I still love my job! Every day is different because of our diverse patient population and multi-disciplinary department.
I feel totally supported by my colleagues as well as the organization as a whole on both a personal and professional level”
*** Relocation allowance / assistance is available for this opportunity!! ***
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved Electrophysiology Course with certification or a hospital-based training program from an approved institution or two (2) years recent experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the hospital
- One (1) year of recent paediatric experience preferred
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Registration with the Canadian or American Board of Registration for Electroencephalograph Technologists (R.E.T. or R.EEG T.)
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Two (2) Regular, Full-Time Opportunities
Wage: $33.29 to $41.61 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Word: Monday to Friday 0637-1630
Requisition Numbers: 113392E and 131835
What we do
BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia.
BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 27, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.