More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Staff Pharmacist - BC Centre for Disease Control
BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver BC, $42.54 to $53.06 per hour
What you’ll do
- Provide quality pharmaceutical care by:
- Entering and verifying ALL aspects of a prescription or order.
- Communicating with physicians and other health care providers to ensure optimal pharmaceutical care for the client.
- Dispensing prescriptions and verify its accuracy and quality in accordance with professional standards.
- Ensuring all professional duties are in compliance with legislation.
- Counseling patients on the therapeutic use and other related pharmaceutical care issues.
- Providing clinical or pharmaceutical information to clients or other health care providers.
- Provide day-to-day work direction to pharmacy assistants by:
- Verifying accuracy of work from data entry through to dispensing.
- Providing objectives and guidance pertaining to acceptable pharmacy practices.
- Providing instructions for operating computer programs.
- Providing guidelines pertaining to the shipment and packaging of medications.
- Ensure proper storage and security of drugs and pharmacy files by:
- Checking shelf-life of medications.
- Checking for quality assurance of products or supplies are acceptable to professional standards.
- Maintains products are safely and effectively stored under the appropriate storage conditions.
- Maintaining security and confidentiality of pharmacy files and client information in keeping with established standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Licensing by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia (Regulatory Body) - Good Standing
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a pharmacist preferred.
You will have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing with clients, colleagues and physicians.
- Provide work direction.
- Perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work with Microsoft applications would be a strong asset
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
Casual (0.01 FTE)
Wage: $42.54 to $53.06 per hour
655 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4R4
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
On Call; Usual Shifts: 830-1630
Requisition Number: 100083
What we do
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) bccdc.ca is dedicated to preventing and controlling communicable disease and promoting environmental health for the province.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.