More than just a job.
We enable health services providers to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care, using enterprise standards and frameworks to deliver useful information and clinical tools reliably and consistently, anytime, anywhere. IMITS manages over 300 applications across business, clinical and research environments, serving over 50,000 front line, administrative and research staff to enable over 4.8 million patient encounters a year. As a successful candidate, you will deliver support to enable PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) to become leaders in providing patient-centered health care. You have initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem solving abilities, as well as excellent communication skills.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time,
Temporary, Casual, Contractor
- Job Level: Entry, Mid, Senior
- Travel: Minimal
What does it take to be a successful in an IMITS role at PHSA? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Information Management/Information Technology Services (IMITS) is a service of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. IMITS boasts a complement of 800 full-time staff who provide tech support and services to 50,000+ staff across PHSA, Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people, Be compassionate, Dare to innovate, Cultivate partnerships, Serve with purpose.
"I see every day the great work that our staff do. …seeing how staff show up every day to make sure that our systems are available, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for your contributions, thank you for your commitment to the organization, to making sure that those providers have the information they need, that the systems are highly available. What you do is very, very important every day."Ron Quirk Executive Vice President, Digital Information Services & Innovation
"I haven't been in any other workplace where the managers or teams have been so supportive of my development or pushing me to try new things."John Panzo Business Analyst, Project Services
"No two days are the same. It's a lot of analysis, a lot of thinking. If you like to pull things apart and bring them back together and make it something better."Shukri Ahmed Clinical Lead
Technology Services oversees the management of over 64,000 workstations across 259 sites and the infrastructure for the province’s centralized data centre.
Due to its unique provincial visibility, Technology Services is also accountable for province-wide services such as the E-Health Network Gateway and the Physician Private Network.
Behind The Scenes In The Network Lab
Benefits and Perks
Benefits vary by job type and are confirmed in the interview and hiring process.
Extended health and dental benefits
Health and wellness programs
Discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs
Enrollment in defined benefit Municipal Pension Plan
The opportunity to grow and advance your skill set in a large scale environment
We encourage "You" Time For Activities that inspire and motivate
Work with individuals bringing expertise from a variety of backgrounds
Statistical Analyst, Clinical Programs - BC Transplant
Statistical Analyst, Clinical Programs
BC Transplant Society
The Statistical Analyst is responsible for independent and collaborative analysis, interpretation and reporting of transplant data for various clinical programs, the Ministry of Health, and care providers and administrators in the Health Authorities.
What you’ll do
- Provide statistical analysis support for standard regular reports as well as a variety of documents such as briefing notes, presentations, summaries, and papers for or at the request of external organizations such as Canadian Organ Replacement Register, Canada Blood Services, and Ministry of Health Services, The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation and regional Health Authorities.
- Support internal and external transplant data requests for planning and policy-making as well as research purposes by performing duties including: review of data requested, data extraction, data quality checking and cleaning, data manipulation and merging, and information summaries.
- Link to database and develop complex database and analysis programs to find data irregularities; coordinates and verify data cleanup to ensure date quality assurance by data management staff.
- Provide information and support to health policy and quality assurance decision makers, including health care and program and regional service cost estimates; communicate statistical results to BCT personnel and external partners.
- Participate in the analysis of linked health data to evaluate health outcomes of transplant patients and the effectiveness of cardiovascular treatments and interventions.
- Develop and produce reports that monitor and benchmark cost, utilization and other quality and performance indicators and communicate findings to the Physician Directors, Information and Quality and the Provincial Operational Directors.
- Plan, develop and conduct detailed annual reports for each transplant program, taking into account the individual needs for each program area.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of the Registry database including the design of standard and ad hoc reports and data quality monitoring.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Masters in Statistics or Biostatistics.
- One (1) year of recent related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of epidemiological principles, research methodologies, health indicator development and management and bio statistical techniques are required.
- A strong background in Oracle database analysis and Structured Query Language, including PL-SQL and Trans-SQL.
- Fluent in software SAS, SPSS and Oracle Report Builder.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Two (2) Regular Full-Time Opportunities
Location: 555 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver BC, V5Z 3X7
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday; 0800-1600
Requisition # 115176 & 115231
What we do
BC Transplant (BCT) provides oversight for all aspects of organ donation and transplantation across BC. BCT is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCT are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of October 8, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.