More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Team Lead, Clinical Solutions, CST Cerner Operations, Scheduling
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Coordinator is responsible for managing the planning, implementation, integration, operation and future enhancement of designated strategic, enterprise-wide Information Systems for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) or designated health service delivery area(s). Provides leadership and direction to staff and applications support across multiple sites. He/She is the primary contact for enhancement requests and issues. Coordinates responses to user initiatives, requests and issues with team members and other staff as needed to meet the defined objectives of the service. Primary working relationships are with IMIS Regional Managers and working level staff within Integration and Planning, Solutions, and Technology Services as well as managers/directors throughout VCH and external vendors. The incumbent directly supervises team members with both clinical and technical expertise such as Clinical Analysts, Senior Systems Analysts, and Systems Analysts/Programmers and provides guidance and direction to Applications Coordinators of clinical areas, as applicable.
• Ensures systems are supported with the highest levels of service availability and performance.
• Coordinates the activities of staff and resources to ensure they are effectively utilized and assists in the establishment of project management and support structures that will be used by the organization to direct future development and change.
• Ensures problem resolution and customer satisfaction through ongoing communication with all levels of staff within the organization and developing and maintaining productive working relationships with project sponsors and key system users.
• Secures support for the strategic directions of regional systems initiatives by providing specialized knowledge and information to others, liaising on system changes and enhancements and administrative issues, facilitating resolutions, and building relationships.
• Leads the analysis of the current situation and future requirements for the designated service, initiates the development of specific goals and objectives, and sets priorities for planning and implementing strategies.
• Leadership, guidance and supervision of staff using effective leadership techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, performance management).
• Monitors financial resources with respect to operational obligations; takes corrective action as necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Health Information Systems plus five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in a complex Acute Care Information Systems environment where expertise in the designated service has been developed in a supervisory capacity or project management role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Expertly coordinates activities of staff, project work teams and resources to ensure effective project management, and ongoing applications support.
• Uses strong technical knowledge and abilities to ensure system functionality.
• Understands customer clinical and technical issues and develops solutions for achieving operational goals/objectives and ensuring user needs are met.
• Uses strong interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of clinical and technical stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
• Uses persuasive communication abilities to influence change, bring an understanding of clinical practice to systems change, link key stakeholders and build support throughout the change process.
• Uses sound decision-making abilities to address complex and divers systems issues, which could have a significant impact on patient care.
• Maintains an awareness of current information systems trends through literature review, contact with peers at other organizations and attendance at seminars, workshops and educational programs.
• Demonstrated ability to provide lateral and strategic direction to solve problems and make decisions.
• Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects with stringent timelines.