More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
TeleNurse, Emergency Health Services, HealthLink BC - BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS)
TeleNurse, Emergency Health Services
HealthLink BC, BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS)
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Are you looking for a change? Have you been interested in learning more about Telenursing?
The telenurse is responsible for providing safe, competent and ethical telehealth nursing in accordance with HLBC mission, strategic plan, legislative requirements, operational policies and clinical guidelines. Adhering to the College of Registered Nurses of BC standards and other best practice approaches, the telenurse competently applies the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting care to contact centre clients.
What you’ll do
- Respond to or initiate telephone calls from callers, or their designates, utilizing customer service and therapeutic communication skills.
- Recommend additional resources, acquisitions and activities to enhance the telehealth nursing practice and client care.
- Receive, document and forward compliments and complaints from callers or others to support quality improvement/risk management activities, service and program evaluation; contribute to incident investigation as requested.
- Maintain current clinical knowledge in prevention & wellness promotion, health risk assessment, self-care management, and chronic disease management and consumer health education and any other programs or resources that support caller’s needs for triage, health education and referral.
- Competently apply knowledge; promote an integrated self-care health program and practice shared decision-making with callers.
- Collaborate with other professionals in providing telehealth care by making appropriate referrals to dietitians, pharmacists and other services.
- Monitor call flow and contribute to achieving service targets and maintaining standards of care. Contribute to the service evaluation by collecting designated statistics; make recommendations for changes or enhancement to technology, navigation or resource acquisitions.
- Communicate operational or resource changes as necessary and escalates operational or technical issues using appropriate reporting and communication mechanisms.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Minimum three (3) years recent related experience in acute care, community health, public health or continuing care.
You will have the ability to:
- Work in a fast paced, multi-faceted contact centre environment
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate listening skills
- Keyboard a minimum of 30 WPM
- Demonstrate computer skills and experience with relevant software such as MS Word and contact centre applications.
- Operate related equipment.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Work in a highly monitored work environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritize and organize work.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time (0.71 FTE - Until March 31, 2023)
Wage: $36.23 to $47.58 per hour
Location: 4170 Still Creek Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6 (Not Remote)
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Rotating Days, Rotating Schedules; LINE 78: 0600-1400/1000-1800/1400-2200/1800-0200
Requisition #: 128305E
What we do
Healthlink BC (HLBC) operates as a branch of the Primary Care Division with the Ministry of Health.
Healthlink is a 24/7/365 telehealth platform that provides BC and Yukon residents access to non-emergency health information, health advice and assistance in navigating the provincial health care system. HLBC is composed of a multidisciplinary team of dietitians, qualified exercise professionals, health service navigators, pharmacists and registered nurses that deliver health information via telephone (8-1-1) and web (healthlinkbc.ca). To fulfill the fulfill the strategic directives of the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Telenurses are employed through the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and work in close partnership with BC Public Service Agency (PSA) employees.
Based in two locations, Burnaby and Langley, TeleNurses provide non-emergency health information and advice in a 24/7/365 work environment.
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services. BCEHS
is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA, BCEHS and HLBC are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.