More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Timekeeping Data Entry Clerk
Timekeeping Data Entry Clerk
BC Cancer Labs, Vancouver, BC
What you’ll do
- Review and process payroll time/flow and daily staff sign in sheets.
- Check employee schedules and enter data into payroll staff scheduling program. Pre-schedule vacation, education leave, shift changes, etc.
- Code patient data into computer.
- Obtain or clarify missing information and enter missing or corrected information into computer system.
- Receive and handle telephone/fax requests or redirect to appropriate individuals.
- Assign correct personal health numbers to requisitions.
- Maintain manual files and perform associated clerical duties. Respond to routine correspondence and verbal inquiries from medical personnel regarding patient information.
- Prepare documents for mailing.
- Deliver and pick up documents/slides between Pathology Department sections.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Training as a key punch operator.
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Keyboard a minimum of 55 wpm.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage: $22.54 per hour
Location: Vancouver, BC
Hours of Work: 0800-1600
Reference Number: 98413
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.