More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Treasury and Operational Corporate Accounting Manager
Do you care about patients, are community minded and are looking to create consistent and impactful health care across the province? Are you a detail-oriented and data minded individual? The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) is seeking a seasoned accounting professional who has previous experience working in public practice, operational accounting, auditing and has been involved in developing and implementing accounting processes to improve efficiency.
Reporting to the Corporate Director, Financial Services, the Corporate Manager, Grant Accounting and Special Projects manages the treasury function for operational grant funding from the Ministry of Health Services (MOHS), disbursements to PHSA programs, regional health authorities and other external organizations. This role coordinates funding information flow and reports funding information to the MOHS and the Office of the Comptroller General (OCG). The Corporate Manager provides expertise in grant accounting to senior PHSA Finance staff, senior regional health authority staff and the MOHS. The Corporate Manager also assists with other projects as required.
What you'll do
- Treasury management of operational funding.
- Internal and external reporting.
- Manage and coordinate operating grant funding disbursements to regional health authorities and other external organizations, ensuring they are appropriate, accurate and timely.
- Manage operating grant information flow by preparing and providing funding letters and documentation.
- Act as the main contact with the MOHS and regional health authorities to resolve treasury issues.
- Work in collaboration with Business Planning directors to ensure funding is distributed appropriately to relevant agencies, regional health authorities and other external organizations.
- Review and approve the applicable account reconciliations, monitor the preparation of files, reports and journal entries and review period and year-end accruals.
- Provide consultation and supervision to staff by establishing clear definitions of responsibility, reviewing workload assignments and adjusting schedules to ensure operational requirements are met.
What you bring
- CPA (CGA, CMA and CA) designation.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ recent, related experience within a large organization with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in public practice with two to three years post CPA qualifications or experience in operational accounting, auditing or treasury a bonus.
- Demonstrated judgment, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to instruct others on specialized subject matter through explanation and demonstration.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and staff across various disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Curious and enjoys troubleshooting.
- Takes initiative but has the political astuteness to identify issues and receive advice prior to taking action.
What’s in it for you?
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job type : Temporary Full Time until November 2022 or Return of Incumbent
Location 1333 West Broadway, Vancouver
Hours and Days: 0900-1700, Monday through Friday
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.