More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Unit Clerk, Acute Perinatal Program - BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre - Vancouver BC
Unit Clerk, Birthing Unit / Acute Perinatal Program
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre, $25.51 per hour
Are you efficient and detail-oriented? Come work with a vibrant inter-professional team providing leading edge care in Canada’s busiest Maternity hospital!
Our Labour and Delivery department at BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre has a rotating 7 days a week / 12 hour shift schedule of 0700-1900 or 1900-0700.
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) offers comprehensive maternity care and a range of programs and clinics dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and their families.
We are seeking Unit Clerks interested to growing professionally and be a part of a diverse clerical team!
Our Unit Clerks are responsible for the following
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- Graduation from an approved Nursing Unit Clerk program.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- One (1) year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
You also have the ability to:
- Keyboard at least 40 wpm.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications
- Organize your work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $27.23 per hour
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, V6H 2N9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0630-1430 and 0700-1500
Requisition # 130270
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.