More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Unit Clerk, Out Patient Clinics - BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre
Unit Clerk, Out Patient Clinics
BC Women’s Hospital + Health Centre, $24.46 per hour
Casual Monday to Friday - 8:00am to 4:00pm Opportunities Available Immediately!
What you’ll do
- Transcribe and process physician’s orders
- Coordinate patient appointments
- Arrange patient tests and receive results
- Assemble and maintain patient charts
- Answer telephones and enter data
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation
- Graduation from an approved Nursing Unit Clerk program
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- One (1) year of recent, related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Keyboard at least 40 wpm
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Use software applications and related equipment
- Organize your work
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more
Casual Opportunities Available Immediately
Wage: $24.46 hourly
Location: 4500 Oak St, Vancouver, BC
Monday to Friday; 8:00 - 16:00
What we do
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW) bcwomens.ca is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.