More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk IV - BC Cancer Victoria
BC Cancer Victoria, $23.98 per hour
What you’ll do
- Process written doctors’ orders by:
a.Completing requisitions for tests or services.
b.Using the multi-resource scheduling system to book tests or services with the appropriate departments, rebooking if absence of doctor requires this; booking return appointments.
c.Booking special clinic appointments, conferences and consultations.
d.Distributing appointment lists and completing and forwarding documentation according to procedure.
e.Recording booking information via computer terminal.
- Gather relevant patient information for clinic appointments by:
a.Requesting charts from Patient Information Management requesting x-rays and charts as necessary.
b.Requesting reports, slides and films from outside doctors, hospitals, clinics and diagnostic labs.
- Act as a receptionist by directing patients, visitors and staff to the appropriate areas. Answer the telephone and when appropriate, respond to routine inquiries; relay verbal and written messages.
- Arrange for escort services, portering and delivery of services as required.
- Maintain and update patient master file e.g. recording all booking information according to current status of patient.
What you bring
- Grade 12, medical terminology and graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program.
- Plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary, Full-Time (Until January 2021)
Wage: $23.98 per hour
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
Requisition Number: 98496
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 29th, 2020. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.