More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk Receptionist - BC Cancer Victoria
Clerk Receptionist – 2 Vacancies
What you’ll do
- Perform a variety of reception duties including receiving patients and visitors, answering inquiries and giving directions, assisting patients and other visitors including directing patients to other areas within the centre.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as desktop computer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone, and thermal printers
- Enter patient information into electronic health record information such as name, address, date of birth and contact information and notifies requestor by phone or fax.
- Maintain and process incoming requests from patients or other departments according to department procedure by collecting information pertinent to the patient appointment , attaching outside reports to the clinical record, ensuring reports/ are available electronically for providers and clinicians
- Schedule patient appointments for diagnostic procedures or treatments
What you bring
- Grade 12, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You will also be able to:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
- Organize work.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, suh as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and spiritual and psychological health & safety programs.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Temporary Full-Time (Until August 05, 2022)
$21.37 per hour
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria V8R 4Z3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
Requisition Number: 112414/112415
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges. BCMHSUS is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCMHSUS are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 04, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.