More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clerk Receptionist, Oncology Clinic - BC Cancer Victoria
Clerk Receptionist, Oncology Clinic
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Fun Facts About Victoria:
- Victoria is the capital city of the Canadian province of British Columbia, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island off Canada's Pacific coast. The city has a population of approximately 85,792, and the Greater Victoria Area has a population of 367,770.
- Friendly is an understatement: Victoria has been named both the Most Romantic City in Canada and one of the top 15 Friendliest Cities in the World.
- Other accolades include: Canada’s Best City to Live in for Women, and both the Seventh Best City and Second Best Small City in the world (by international travel and tourism magazine, Condé Nast).
- The city has retained a large number of its historic buildings, in particular its two most famous landmarks, the Parliament Buildings (finished in 1897 and home of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia) and the Empress hotel (opened in 1908).
- Time for tea? Half a million cups are served annually at the Fairmont Empress.
- Victoria is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country, with hundreds of kilometres of cycle paths, bike lanes and routes in the city, including the incomparable Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
- The city's Chinatown is the second oldest in North America after San Francisco's.
- Like Whale Watching? Victoria’s waters are home to three resident pods of orca (killer) whales totaling 76 whales.
The city of Victoria has a lot to offer! Visit Tourism Victoria to find out more here!
The Clerk Receptionist performs a variety of clerical and reception functions including greeting and re-directing patients and visitors to the Centre, preparing patient appointment packages, performing data entry of patient demographic information and receiving and re-directing patient information and other relevant information to a variety of areas.
What you’ll do as an Oncology Clinic Receptionist at BC Cancer Victoria
- Perform a variety of reception duties including receiving patients and visitors, answering inquiries and giving directions, assisting patients and other visitors including directing patients to other areas within the centre.
- Operate a variety of office equipment such as desktop computer, photocopier, fax machine, multi-line telephone, and thermal printers
- Enter patient information into electronic health record information such as name, address, date of birth and contact information and notifies requestor by phone or fax.
- Maintain and process incoming requests from patients or other departments according to department procedure by collecting information pertinent to the patient appointment , attaching outside reports to the clinical record, ensuring reports/ are available electronically for providers and clinicians
- Schedule patient appointments for diagnostic procedures or treatments
What you bring
- Grade 12, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You are also able to:
- Keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Carry out the physical duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual
Wage: $22.32 per hour
Location: 2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria, BC V8R 4Z3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730
Requisition Number: CAS-120432
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.