More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Clinical Informatics Adoption Lead - BC Cancer Victoria-CST
Clinical and Systems Transformation (CST) Project, BC Cancer Victoria**
**Please Note: Due to the nature of this role, travel to other provincial sites in addition to extended hours schedule during go live periods with rotating day\night shifts will be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of the each activation site closer to the go live period.
What you’ll do
- Lead and support the strategy, development and implementation of clinical workflow design and change management initiatives to support clinical and business practice in the adoption and implementation of Cerner at BC Cancer, in alignment with the strategic road map for clinical informatics solutions at BC Cancer.
- Act as a change agent/escalation point for clinical issues and constraints in the identification, development, planning, implementation, and sustainment of clinical informatics strategies in support of quality patient care and professional practice.
- Lead and support teams to develop clinical data/documentation and workflow standardization across all BC Cancer regional centres. Incorporate clinical informatics research and evidence-based knowledge into practice.
- Develop clinical performance indicators to identify trends/discrepancies for purposes of performance measurement and analysis ensuring a correct course of action.
- Oversee and manage the prioritizing of functional change requests, reporting and monitoring of issues, and implementation of communication strategies.
What you bring
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Nursing Degree or other relevant healthcare disciplines.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an information systems environment, including a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in an application leadership role.
- Proven hands-on specialized experience with business applications such as Cancer Agency Information System (CAIS).
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more
To learn more about the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project, please visit: https://jobs.phsa.ca/cst
Temporary, Full-Time (until November 2021)
BC Cancer Victoria 2410 Lee Avenue –with travel to other provincial sites
Open until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 08:00-16:00 ** during go live periods rotating day\night shifts will be required. Schedules will vary as they will be based on the needs of the each activation site closer to the go live period
Requisition Number: 89547
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.