More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Forensic Community & Liaison Nurse, FPSC Clinics
The Forensics Community & Liaison Nurse works as part of a multidisciplinary forensic psychiatric community mental health team to provide a defined range of community forensic mental health nursing services to mentally disordered individuals in conflict with the law and to clients who are referred to Forensic Psychiatric Regional Programs. Working under the general direction of the Regional Clinic Manager, you will assess, treat, provide case coordination, and coordinate services by:
- Conducting initial intake and ongoing bio-psychosocial nursing psychiatric assessments including, current mental status examinations, general assessments of physical health, special needs/precautions, and completing all related assessment tools as per policy.
- Identifying, developing and implementing an Integrated Treatment Plan (ITP) based on the evaluation of clinical risk and need through the completion of the Short-term Assessment of Risk & Treatability (START).
- Ensuring the Regional Clinic Manager is informed of emerging problems, unusual circumstances, plans of action, and legal issues concerning assigned clients. Screen to determine whether referral to or liaison with other agencies is required and whether appropriate community options exist.
- Providing community case coordination and advocacy services for clients by methods such as communicating and monitoring client contact with mental health teams, private psychiatrists, family physicians, probation, other specialists, and social service agencies that are involved in the provision of services to the client to ensure continuity of care and sharing of pertinent information.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all resources; communicating closely with treating psychiatrists/psychologists to ensure ongoing evaluation and effective treatment; and working in collaboration with other community resources to meet the client’s need for assistance including financial, housing, medical and psychiatric care, substance abuse intervention, family support, employment/skills training opportunities, life skills training, transportation, and pro-social/recreational programs.
- A diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience working with individuals in the community with severe and persistent psychiatric illness
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- A Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
If this sounds like you, apply online today! www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information, contact Sheila Johnston at email@example.com or 604-875-7154
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
- Reference number: 87543
- Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
- Wage: $35.61- $46.50 per hour
- Hours: 0830-1630 Monday-Friday
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at internaljobs.phsa.ca. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a temporary password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your temporary password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.