More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Forensic Community & Liaison Nurse, Registered Nurse (RN), FPSC Clinics
Forensic Community & Liaison
2840 Nanaimo St, Victoria, BC V8T 4W9
What you’ll do
- Conduct initial intake and ongoing biopsychosocial nursing psychiatric assessments including current mental status examinations, general assessments of physical health, special needs/precautions, and completes all related assessment tools as per policy.
- Identify, develop and implement an Integrated Treatment Plan (ITP) based on the evaluation of clinical risk and need through the completion of the Short-term Assessment of Risk & Treatability (START). Ensure the Regional Clinic Manager is informed of emerging problems, unusual circumstances, plans of action, and legal issues concerning assigned clients. Screen to determine whether referral to or liaison with other agencies is required and whether appropriate community options exist.
- Provide community case coordination and advocacy services for clients by methods such as communicating and monitoring client contacts with mental health teams, private psychiatrists, family physicians, probation, other specialists, and social service agencies that are involved in the provision of services to the client to ensure continuity of care and sharing of pertinent information; establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with all resources; communicating closely with treating psychiatrists/psychologists to ensure ongoing evaluation and effective treatment; and working in collaboration with other community resources to meet the client’s need for assistance including financial, housing, medical and psychiatric care, substance abuse intervention, family support, employment/skills training opportunities, life skills training, transportation, and prosocial/recreational programs.
- Maintain concise and accurate documentation of relevant information on client files in accordance with FPSC policy standards to meet regulatory requirements and provide evidence and rationale to support findings and treatment plan such as compiling pertinent background information for clinical case planning and collecting information to assist psychiatrists/psychologists in the preparation of reports for the Courts.
- Provide written reports and summaries as per FPSC policy, standards and guidelines.
What you bring
- A Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience working with individuals in the community with severe and persistent psychiatric illness.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and Forensic Psychiatric Nursing practice
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 2840 Nanaimo StVictoria, BC V8T 4W9
Wage $37.04 to $48.39
Hours of Work: 0830-1630 Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Requisition # 114414
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 17, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.