More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Customer Service Supply Chain Lead
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a leader in health care in both a clinical or non clinical setting, you have experience building relationships with the health authorities or have strong Supply Chain leadership experience in the industry inside and/or outside of health care! You have experience looking for customer service gaps and developing and implementing processes that improve efficiencies! You enjoy leading, coaching and mentoring! You thrive on providing exceptional customer service and have some strong supply chain experience! If you meet the above requirements we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Monitor customer service inquiries and is the point of escalation for customer issues by providing support and guidance in unclear situations. Work with internal Supply Chain owners to ensure customer inquiries are addressed in a timely manner, to identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate the timely delivery of service
- Manage the Customer Service staff and provide leadership to the Customer Service Regional Team using effective management techniques such as coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, and performance management to support the achievement of required outcomes and ensure adherence to standards of quality and effective and timely service delivery.
- Investigate work and staff issues and initiates disciplinary action up to and including staff termination.
- Conduct business analyses and benchmarking and analyses service statistics to identify service improvement opportunities and trends. Make ongoing recommendations and implements process improvements to support improved service delivery. Promote services and new service delivery opportunities to health authorities and community customers.
- Ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction through ongoing communication with all levels of stakeholders within the organization, by developing and maintaining productive working relationships within Supply Chain, and by liaising with customers on an on-going basis.
- Monitor service performance to ensure annual goals and objectives are met. Develop performance reports for efficiency monitoring and reporting.
- Evaluate the department’s ability to measure and improve customer needs by participating in activities to compare performance including improving business processes to optimize resources and meet customer needs, sharing information and responding to areas of dissatisfaction.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Management or related discipline plus a minimum of five (5) year’s related experience at a managerial level covering a broad spectrum of customer service and promotions functions with an emphasis on customer relationships management in health care or a related environment.
- Relatable expereince includes working in a front facing leadership role in supply chain,
- Experience required providing leadership and working in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to work effectively within a multi-site, multi-sector environment.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Solve complex operational issues and take prompt actions to address customer inquiries. Facilitate change and lead projects.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment when working within or outside of established processes and procedures.
- Proven self-motivated decision maker who utilizes creative and effective problem-solving approaches to achieve desired result.
- Create a working environment that motivates staff and promotes team building.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload to meet departmental and customer requirements.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 63 Gorge Rd. East, Victoria V9A 1L2
Closing date: Open until filled
Hours of Work: 0800-1600, Monday through Friday
What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.