More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Patient Care Aide – BC Cancer Victoria
Patient Care Aide
BC Cancer Victoria, $25.33 per hour
The Patient Care Aide performs a variety of tasks such as measuring and recording vital signs, cleaning instruments, stocking treatment areas, escorting patients in and out of exam rooms, acting as chaperone, transporting patients, delivering and collecting items, and miscellaneous clerical duties such as ordering supplies and printing off electronic patient materials from a computer.
In this role, you will:
- Direct, transport and escort patients within the area and also to and from areas within the centre or other departments.
- Clean and stock examining rooms and other designated areas with necessary supplies.
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment as directed.
- Perform general service duties including picking up and delivering items such as files, reports, messages, requisitions, specimens or supplies, answering telephones, and photocopying documents.
- Assist patients with changing into and out of gowns as necessary.
- Grade 10, plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with BC Care Aide Community Health Worker Registry.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Type 30 w.p.m.
- Organize own work.
- Operate related equipment.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
BC Cancer is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer, reducing the mortality from cancer, and improving the quality of life of those living with cancer. BC Cancer provides a comprehensive cancer control program for the people of British Columbia in partnership with regional health authorities to deliver a range of cancer services, which include prevention, screening and early detection, diagnosis and treatment, research, education, supportive care, rehabilitation and palliative care. It operates six regional cancer centres in Surrey, Kelowna, Vancouver, Victoria, Abbotsford and Prince George, along with two research centres that conduct research into the causes and cures for cancer.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
- Casual Opportunity
- Wage: $25.33 per hour
- Various Days; Various Hours
- 2410 Lee Ave, Victoria, BC V8R 6V5