More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Patient Care Aide, Vancouver Island Centre - BC Cancer
Patient Care Aide, Vancouver Island Centre
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
What you’ll do
- Direct, transport and escort patients within the area and also to and from areas within the centre or other departments.
- Clean and stock examining rooms and other designated areas with necessary supplies.
- Clean, sterilize and maintain instruments and equipment as directed.
- Perform general service duties including picking up and delivering items such as files, reports, messages, requisitions, specimens or supplies, answering telephones, and photocopying documents.
- Assist patients with changing into and out of gowns as necessary.
- Relay patient concerns and information to appropriate member of the health care team.
What you bring
- Grade 10 completion
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered with BC Care Aide Community Health Worker Registry.
You have the ability to
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Type 30 w.p.m.
- Organize own work.
- Operate related equipment.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’Yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Flexible work options including flextime, work locations and job sharing (eligibility will vary)
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual, Part-Time
Location: 2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria, V8R 4Z3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday; 0730-1530, 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730
Requisition # 113811
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 7, 2021. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.