More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Pharmacy Technician - BC Cancer Victoria
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Casual Opportunities Available!
Help us accurately and effectively provide our patients with medications they need, in an effort to provide the best patient care possible.
Learn more about BC Cancer Pharmacy by visiting http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/health-professionals/clinical-resources/pharmacy.
Fun Facts About Victoria:
- Victoria is the capital city of the Canadian province of British Columbia, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island off Canada's Pacific coast. The city has a population of approximately 85,792, and the Greater Victoria Area has a population of 367,770.
- Friendly is an understatement: Victoria has been named both the Most Romantic City in Canada and one of the top 15 Friendliest Cities in the World.
- Other accolades include: Canada’s Best City to Live in for Women, and both the Seventh Best City and Second Best Small City in the world (by international travel and tourism magazine, Condé Nast).
- The city has retained a large number of its historic buildings, in particular its two most famous landmarks, the Parliament Buildings (finished in 1897 and home of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia) and the Empress hotel (opened in 1908).
- Time for tea? Half a million cups are served annually at the Fairmont Empress.
- Victoria is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country, with hundreds of kilometres of cycle paths, bike lanes and routes in the city, including the incomparable Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
- The city's Chinatown is the second oldest in North America after San Francisco's.
- Like Whale Watching? Victoria’s waters are home to three resident pods of orca (killer) whales totaling 76 whales.
The city of Victoria has a lot to offer! Visit Tourism Victoria to find out more here!
What you’ll do as a Pharmacy Technician at BC Cancer Victoria
- Process clinically reviewed and approved medication orders for distribution to a patient.
- Receive prescriptions (verbal and non verbal) from practitioners and ensure that prescriptions are complete and authentic by performing duties such as verifying allergy status and/or demographics.
- Prepare and process prescriptions by performing duties such as entering orders, counting, measuring, packaging or re-packaging medications and compounding various sterile pharmaceutical products, including hazardous drugs, according to established procedures. Pre-package oral, liquid and topical medications into unit-of-use format.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of dispensed prescriptions prepared by self or others by verifying order entries, and/or performing the final check of dispensed prescriptions.
- Enter and ensure the accuracy and completeness of drug and personal health information in the pharmacy information system.
What you bring
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $29.86 per hour
3410 Lee Avenue, Victoria
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: Rotating shifts as per operational requirements
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia. BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.