More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Purchasing Supply Chain Clerk
Hiring in Health Care
Our health care professionals are no doubt our heroes, and this is a challenging time. PHSA needs your help, now more than ever!
We are hiring immediate roles for our supply chain and procurement team, based in Victoria, BC.
We are all in this together.
What you'll do
- Assist customers with their daily supply, services and sourcing needs.
- Organize and process requisitions and disbursements for goods and services by utilizing supply chain procurement systems and computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Reconcile invoices, contacting suppliers to arrange adjustments to invoices or modifications to original orders, and maintain responsibility for a variety of other clerical functions such as word processing, spreadsheet and database duties.
- Draft all sourcing documents and conduct all related research and documentation. Maintain master contract files and assist Buyers and Leads in accordance with the sourcing process as per the Supply Chain Sourcing Methodology.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation, supplemented by accounting courses and three (3) years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Status: Casual (On Call) - No guaranteed hours. Must be available to pick up short call (1-5 hours) or pre-booked shifts (vacation coverage)
Location: Victoria, BC
Department: Sourcing Team
Wage: $24.92/per hour +12.6%
Hours of Work: 0730-1530
Closing date: Until Filled
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.