More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Unit Clerk, Various Programs - BC Cancer Victoria
Unit Clerk, Various Programs
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
BC Cancer Victoria has Regular, Full-Time and Casual Opportunities Available!
Fun Facts About Victoria:
- Victoria is the capital city of the Canadian province of British Columbia, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island off Canada's Pacific coast. The city has a population of approximately 85,792, and the Greater Victoria Area has a population of 367,770.
- Friendly is an understatement: Victoria has been named both the Most Romantic City in Canada and one of the top 15 Friendliest Cities in the World.
- Other accolades include: Canada’s Best City to Live in for Women, and both the Seventh Best City and Second Best Small City in the world (by international travel and tourism magazine, Condé Nast).
- The city has retained a large number of its historic buildings, in particular its two most famous landmarks, the Parliament Buildings (finished in 1897 and home of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia) and the Empress hotel (opened in 1908).
- Time for tea? Half a million cups are served annually at the Fairmont Empress.
- Victoria is one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country, with hundreds of kilometres of cycle paths, bike lanes and routes in the city, including the incomparable Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
- The city's Chinatown is the second oldest in North America after San Francisco's.
- Like Whale Watching? Victoria’s waters are home to three resident pods of orca (killer) whales totaling 76 whales.
The city of Victoria has a lot to offer! Visit Tourism Victoria to find out more here!
Check out what it means to be a Unit Clerk at BC Cancer Victoria by clicking HERE!!
*** Relocation allowance / assistance is available for all these work opportunities!! ***
As a Unit Clerk at BC Cancer Victoria, you will do
- Transcribe and process clinician orders by completing and forwarding requisitions for tests or services, using the electronic health record system to schedule; tests or services with the appropriate departments/processes; return appointments, appointments of various types and related data into the electronic health record, and communicate various information according to procedure.
- Organize diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients by co-ordinating numerous interrelated appointments. Prepare and communicate related instructions to patients in person, by telephone, by mail or virtual.
- Gather patient information for medical appointments to assist in facilitating an efficient patient flow. Request, receive and transport patient information to designated clinical area. Prepare documents for clinical team and patient.
- Perform a variety of receptionist duties such as greeting and registering patients and supporting way finding, answering the telephone/switchboard and responding in person by triage inquiries, relaying verbal and written messages.
- Participate in the onboarding and orientation of staff through methods such as demonstrating work procedures and answering related queries. Support student clinical practicums as required
What you bring
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program.
- One (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
You have the ability to:
- Keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with others effectively.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular, Full Time and Casual Opportunities Available
Wage: $24.46 per hour
2410 Lee Avenue, Victoria, V8R 4Z3
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Requisition Number and Work Schedule:
- 126482 - Regular Full-Time - Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830, 1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730
- 127101 - Regular Full-Time - Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
- 127427 - Regular Full-Time - Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
- 129227 - Regular Full-Time - Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830, 1630, 0900-1700, 0930-1730
- 129228 - Regular Full-Time - Monday to Friday; 0800-1600, 0830-1630, 0900-1700
For more - please contact Kelsey Fogliato, Talent Acquisition Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 4, 2022. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.