More than just a job.
It’s about providing the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of our patients first. At PHSA, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and, most importantly, a life-changing career. Find yours now.
Warehouse, Inventory, Area Supply Attendant (Casual) - Victoria, BC
Hiring in Health Care
Our health care professionals are no doubt our heroes, and this is a challenging time. PHSA needs your help, now more than ever!
We are hiring immediate roles for our hospital replenishment and distribution team, based out of Victoria General Hospital.
We are all in this together.
Location: Victoria General Hospital, 1 Hospital Way, Victoria, BC
Wage: $20.56 per hour
Job Type: Casual (casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice), or pre-booked).
Requisition #: 092151E
Are you dependable and organized, with a strong attention to detail? Help our clinicians ensure they have the right supplies and equipment they need in order to provide exceptional patient care.
What you’ll do
- Move supplies throughout the hospital using a tow motor, pallet jack, hand carts, hand and vehicles.
- Transport supplies to hospitals and other sites.
- Maintain inventory supply with computerized system.
- Load, sort, pick and place supplies onto transport and deliver within the hospital.
- Order, stock, rotate and process inventory.
What you bring
- Grade 12 graduation.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience with retail, inventory, stocking, replenishment, warehouse, supply chain, distribution, stores and merchandising.
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work well independently and with others.
- Organize your work.
- Physically perform the duties of the position.
- Operate related equipment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.