Medical Technologist 1Apply Now Apply Later
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Best value • Results matter • Excellence through knowledge • Open to possibilities.
Medical Technologist 1
Regular Part Time 0.60 FTE
Within the context of a client service culture, and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, policies, procedures and the vision and values of the organization, this position works in a team based environment and under general supervision of the Technical Supervisor, Chief Technologist or other designated personnel performs a variety of routine and/or complex tests utilizing manual procedures and automated instruments within a designated laboratory area. Position is also responsible for functions such as greeting patients, collecting and/or receiving specimens, entering data into a computerized laboratory system, validating and reporting test results, maintaining instruments and preparing solutions and control agents in accordance with established procedures and safety standards. Participates in departmental training programs in chemistry, haematology, blood transfusion and other related areas with a view to learning new/existing tests and procedures for use in the Laboratory.
Education, Training, and Experience
Certified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science and basic core laboratory training.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of knowledge of laboratory procedures and techniques including quality control.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Basic knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care using point of care instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skill in the operation of related equipment and in techniques appropriate to the designated area of the laboratory.
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.