Registered Nurse (RN), On-Call Sexual Assault Service - BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
Registered Nurse (RN), On-Call Sexual Assault Service
BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Registered Nurse On-Call Sexual Assault Service provides nursing care within an interdisciplinary setting to survivors of sexual assault. Provides counseling and support to survivors and assists the Sexual Assault Service physician in the collection of forensic evidence.
**Candidates must have availablility for several 24 hour on-call shifts per month and a majority of cases are seen between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am.
What you’ll do
- Assess emotional and physical status of client.
- Collect data and explain options for treatment.
- Provide crisis counseling and client support. Support and facilitate involvement of community based advocacy group (WAVAW).
- Assist physician with medical/pelvic examination.
- Collect forensic specimens from client as required.
- Package and label specimens for forensic evidence.
- Provide accurate, detailed documentation regarding medical history, patient’s physical status, emotional status and nursing interventions.
- Maintain documents for court evidence.
- Participate in health education of client.
- Appear in court if required.
- Educate other professionals with respect to sexual assault and the sexual assault team.
- Collaborate with other team members to provide optimum patient care.
What you bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Minimum three (3) years; previous clinical experience in related areas (such as gynecology, obstetrics, STD, public health, emergency, and women’s health).
- Interest and commitment to caring for survivors of sexual assault.
- Ability to work closely with physician in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with community groups.
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Job Type: Casual/On-Call Opportunity
Wage:$40.21 to $54.28 hourly
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work: Monday to Sunday, Stats; 07-19 & 19-07
What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education.
BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Our Programs Explore to find the right program for you at PHSA.
Clinical and Systems Transformations | Careers at PHSA Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) is a large-scale, multi-year project between Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), PHSA, and PHC. Learn more here.
Rewarding Health Care Nursing Careers and Jobs with PHSA Provide specialty nursing in clinical health care and research. Explore careers throughout B.C. with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Indigenous Health Care Jobs and Careers with PHSA Join our thriving Indigenous workforce in a corporate or clinical role. Explore careers in B.C. with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Physician Careers at PHSA Our PHSA medical leadership team provides care that is among the best in the world, contributing to research that is changing the future of health care.
Health Care Correctional Health Services Jobs and Careers With PHSA Correctional Health Services provides exceptional care for incarcerated patients. Join us in a career with Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Jobs for You
You have not recently viewed any jobs
You have not saved any jobs